This is on my 2018 Subaru Outback, US model
REGULAR KEY - Automatic Transmission - No factory alarm system (from what I can tell) - Yes factory immobilizer
Remote Start: Fortin EVO One. Firmware Version: 84.12. Using Flashlink USB programmer.
Wire Harness: THAR-SUBONE-SUB1 & THAR-SUBONE-SUB3 (both SUB1 & SUB3 harnesses simultaneously I guess? Though initially unsure, I went forward & did order and installed both as shown in the diagram linked in the next line down. Specifically, on page 5 out of Ten, the page with the heading: THAR-ONE-SUB1 & THAR-ONE-SUB3 | AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONNECTION )
I made the connections as indicated on this PDF I found on your website: https://fortin.ca/download/99401/EVO-ONE_IG_RTO_BI_SUB1-SUB3_OUTBACK_2018_KEY_A_99401.pdf
Before connecting to the car, I:
1. connected the evo one to my laptop & ran the flashlink software.
2. The software recognized the USB programmer.
3 Then I plugged in the Evo One module & confirmed it was detected in flashlink software
4. I logged in, then input the following vehicle data: 2018 subaru outback, regular key .
5. I let the flashlink software download the newest firmware & recommended settings for the 2018 subaru outback
6. I hit the program button to send the configuration to the Evo One
7. Disconnected Evo one from the flashlink programmer & held down the programming button
8. While holding down the programming button, plugged in the 6 pin connector from the Sub-One harness, at this point installed in the car, to the Evo One
9. Continued holding down programming button while the red yellow & blue lights cycled, then released the button when the lights were lit up RED & Blue simultaneously
10. Began to press the programming button 6 times to enter the programming mode
11. However, right after the very first push of the programming button the red & blue lights would blink once & then go back to solid red & blue so I continued pushing 5 more times to get a total of 6 presses.
13. At this point, the module is blinking red & blue simultaneously 5 times in a row > pause > blink red & blue 5x again > pause > red & blue 5x blink > continues in perpetuity until I insert the vehicle key & turn it to the Ignition 2 position (2 clicks/aka accessory mode)
12. Soon as key turns to ignition 2 setting, The RED & BLUE lights both light up & stay on continuously.
13. The instructions say to start the car at this point, but turning the key from Ignition 2 to Start does not cycle the starter. No lights dim, no clicking from relays, it is not even trying to start.
14. I hold the key in start position for about 2-3 seconds, then release it back to ignition 2 which would leave the vehicle running normally if it had started at this point
15. The red & blue lights on the evo one continue to stay lit continuously & never reach the part where they flash 10 times, ostensibly because the engine never even started still which does make sense.
I guess my question is, does this have anything to do with the jumper that is shown in the PDF? I don't understand what the diagram is trying to say with the Jumper A & Jumper B section. Does the jumper in jumper A need to be removed? And then the cable in the jumper b position get plugged back into the Sub 3 harness? But only for the outback & legacy models of the car? I'm not quite clear what I'm supposed to do with the jumper A OR the Jumper B. So I just left them both plugged in.
After a while sitting in ignition 2 position with the red & blue lights lit up on the evo still, I just gave up & turned the key off then unplugged the : 5p Data link wire > 6p red plug > 20p white plug > 6p main power plug from the evo to turn it off. Then plugged it back into the flashlink programmer & attempted to see if I could do the decryptor programming anyway, but as expected I get the notification that the module never received the datalink information
I also tried reflashing the module once or twice to be sure the settings stuck, the behavior of the vehicle stays the same. I have read through about 50 of the first quiestions that were relevant to this generation subaru that I could find on here and have not seen this answered elsewhere. I hope maybe someone can advise me on what tthe jumpers do, what I should do with the jumpers in jumper A & jumper B plugs, and how they would affect, if at all, the vehicle no longer starting with the regular key